We provide firm quotes over the phone for gutter cleaning and most repairs, and you can also have a quote emailed to you with a description of service - try it now. If you give us a call it only takes 2 or 3 minutes to receive a quote and we always have someone in our office to help you. You won't get a voice mail or answering machine when you call.
We don't want you to have to lift a finger behind us. All of the debris that will inevitably fall out of your gutters and onto your bushes and window sills below will be thoroughly rinsed and cleaned, including blowing off all of your walkways, patios, and your driveway to the curb. We will blow or put the debris into the natural or logical areas on your property, with the goal being that you don’t even notice we’ve been there. Note: In the case of sensitive landscaping we will do whatever is necessary to make sure your property looks great once the service is complete.
We don't want you to have to bend your schedule to meet ours, so you don't have to be home when we come to your house. In the event that you are not home, we will render the service leaving an itemized invoice, and self-addressed envelope for you to send payment. Once you are completely satisfied with the job, you can mail a check to our office or pay by credit card on our website.
This depends on our workload at the time, but almost always within 5 days from the time you schedule service. On average, from the time you schedule with us it is completed within 3 days. If you have an emergency or special situation, we will take that into consideration and make your home a priority on our schedule.
1. How long have you been in business?
Every month we see companies that “show up” in Atlanta and are gone in a couple of months. Many of them “guarantee” their work, and have a professional looking website, or other advertisements. What are you going to do if there is a problem a few months down the road and their number is disconnected? Do you really want people at your house that have only been in business for 3 or 4 months?
We have been servicing homes in Atlanta for 15 years. We service thousands of homes each year and we service more homes in the Metro Atlanta Area than any gutter cleaning company – there’s a reason that most people choose us.
2. Can I come by and see your office?
I ask this question to every company I hire. Once you’ve been burned and cannot find the contractor, you’ll know what I mean.
Many companies that clean gutters in Atlanta are operated out of someone’s apartment. In my experience, it’s always best to stay away from a service company without a place of business. If they are in an apartment, how long are they actually going to be there?
3. What credentials do you have?
The Consumers Choice Award is dedicated to identifying and promoting businesses that exemplify superior customer service, integrity, and professionalism. Their goal is to recognize and nurture business excellence through customer service reviews and recommendations for the benefit of local enterprises and the customers we serve. Check it out
Only home service companies that "earn" a Five Star Rating through exceptional service and work performance over time make it into the Home Services Review.
Home Services Review conducts thousands of due diligence home contractor surveys and homeowner interviews. Home Services Review operates as an independent research company and reviews hundreds of contractors/companies businesses and their capability through homeowner surveys, interviews and written homeowner statements and letters. They combine the methodologies used by other research companies, their own in-depth due diligence of customer databanks and files, written customer statements and letters, random phone surveys, selected interviews (when necessary or appropriate) with local consumer awareness groups, state consumer affairs departments, state contractor licensing bodies and so on. They also run a Lexis-Nexis Accurint 'company background report' on every company in their book. This 'methodology process' allows them to convey impartial third party opinions. Once they finish their due diligence and review process, the companies that make the grade (Five Star Rating) are given the option to participate in their Five Star Program.
Guildquality allows us to survey all our customers and those comments are posted on their public website. You can be assured that we will take great care of you so that you will give us a good review! You may be invited to post your own review once service is completed. Click here to see what our customers are saying about us.
4. Do you have insurance, and what kind of insurance do you have?
We carry Worker’s Compensation and General Liability Insurance and we are happy to provide you with an insurance certificate once you schedule service with us.
Many companies will put “fully insured” in advertisements, however, this doesn’t really mean anything. Make sure to get them to send you an insurance certificate and verify that they carry Workers Compensation and General Liability insurance.
5. Do you have a guarantee?
Printed on our invoice is your 60 day written guarantee that your gutters and downspouts are completely free of debris once we have completed the gutter cleaning service. If you discover we missed something 59 days later, just call us and we'll schedule a follow up service call free of charge. By the way - we're the only gutter cleaning company in Atlanta that offers a 60 day written guarantee!
After seeing literally thousands of homes with gutter covers installed there is NO gutter cover product that we could recommend in good conscience.
This doesn't mean that there are not some products that will keep the debris out of your gutters, but considering the cost, functionality, and all other factors, you are much better off having the gutters cleaned by professionals every few months.
1. Plastic Gutter Covers - These can be purchased at your local hardware store and should never be used. Many people are tempted because they are inexpensive, easy to install, and look like they would work fairly well. The main problem with these is that they are plastic. The surface of your roof will reach temperatures approaching 140 degrees in the summer sun. The plastic covers get so hot that they warp and lose their shape which destroys the functionality of the product. We find them fallen down into the gutters causing even more blockages to occur, also, if the covers do not make a completely smooth surface over the entire length of the gutter, debris will get into the gaps and water will flow over the tops of the covers missing the gutter altogether. It ends up being an expensive waste of time and we have 3 or 4 customers each week asking us to come out and take them off because they are causing more problems than they are preventing.
2. Most Metal Gutter Covers - A very large percentage of the companies selling gutter covers install a cheap flimsy cover that still lets small debris in the gutter and is screwed down to the gutter and slid underneath the first row of shingles making gutter cleaning impossible. The point is, if you are still going to get some debris in the gutter and will need them cleaned out occasionally, do not completely close up the gutter system so that it cannot be cleaned out. We get this phone call at least once a day - "I have gutter covers, but the gutters are full, can you clean them out and how much to do so." Let say you spent $1200 to have the cheap metal gutter covers installed. You have to realize that most of that is labor cost, so to have us come out, uninstall all the covers, clean the gutters out, and then reinstall the covers is going to be about as much as the original installation because we have the additional job of uninstalling everything. Don't let anyone install cheap metal gutter covers; it'll save you a lot of hassle down the road. It's better just to leave them open.
3. The Better Metal Gutter Covers - In doing research on gutter covers over the last 15 years, there is really only one product that we like - sort of.
Many companies sell this product under a license and put their own brand name on it and market it as their own. I will not mention the name of the product, but it is not a "one piece" system and goes on your existing gutters. It is also a "nose out" design which means that the gutter cover extends out slightly farther than the edge of the gutter allowing debris to end up on the ground instead of in the gutter. It is a heavy gauge metal cover, which has substantial plastic support brackets that sit in the gutter to make sure the covers keep their shape and are not crushed under the weight of debris.
However, they are so expensive you wouldn't believe it!
An average house has about 200 linear feet of gutter and on this average house you can expect to pay no less than $3400 and as much as $5500. Also, you will be subjected to the hard-core, salesman in your house that won't leave, "let me check with my manager", sleazy sales process straight out the 1960's aluminum siding days.
Let's consider that you can get through all that, you're a great negotiator and get the lowest price you can. The average price for gutter cleaning on a house like that is about $125, and let's say that you need the gutters cleaned 2 times a year, once in the spring and once in the early winter, for a yearly total of $250. Strictly from a cost perspective, it will take you about 13 1/2 years to recoup your money. Also, if you have a roof that collects debris behind the chimney or in the valleys you are still going to need someone to come out and blow off the roof occasionally for about $100, and add in the fact that the system still may clog at some point...is it really worth it? We don't think, so and that's why we don't recommend any gutter cover products.
4. Gutter Screens - The metal hinged gutter screens have developed a bad reputation over the years and mainly because most contractors use the very cheapest gutter screens, and because of a misperception of what gutter screens are supposed to accomplish.
Simply put, gutter screens will dramatically slow down the rate at which your gutters fill up with debris, will keep your gutters more functional in between gutter cleanings, and will reduce the frequency that gutter cleaning is necessary. Gutter screens will NOT eliminate the need for gutter cleaning.
We consider gutter screens a good value because they are inexpensive, easy to install, do a decent job of keeping out debris, and most importantly, they don't close up the gutter system so that gutter cleaning is impossible. We charge the same amount for gutter cleaning on a house with gutter screens or without.